As each year, for the past 14 years, the Union des Œnologues de France will meet in Cannes, during 3 days, to blind taste and comment the rosé wines coming from all over the world.
Demanded by the French people, the rosé wines, still or effervescent, are enjoying an ncreasing consumption at the international level. New consumers, new opportunities of tasting, development of the offer… the rosé wine enjoys a real success for some years now.
The image of the rosé wine does not need to be valorized anymore: it is truly modern.
That is why, the Union des Œnologues de France has chosen to give to the rosé wines of the world a special attention by creating a competition in 2004, exclusively for them: Le Mondial du Rosé®.
The award-winning wines receive a medal (gold or silver). These awards are a real selling-point and allow the winegrowers to bring a real added value to their bottles.
Last year, 1.300 samples, coming from 25 wine countries of the world have been reviewed closely.
THE FIGURES OF THE COMPETION:
- 1.300 samples presented in 2016, including 776 French ones.
- 25 countries represented.
- 67 tasters of 18 nationalities, screened and famous for their ability for tastng.
- 30% of the wines are medal-winners at the end of the jury deliberation.
- 2 kinds of medals are awarded (GOLD and SILVER).